Race Team Mechanic
Race Team Mechanic
Race Mechanic is a key member of the Customer Motorsports team. The position reports to the department Manager and is responsible for maintaining the cars over a race weekend as well as testing. The role requires extensive mechanical skills and knowledge and the ability to travel.
Team Manager/Race Crew Chief
Full Time / Part Time Non-Exempt / Fly-in Contract
Essential Job Functions:
- GENERAL MAINTENANCE
- Repair and prep formula/race cars
- Rebuilding Car
- Extensive Gearbox knowledge/ troubleshooting/ repair
- Bleeding brakes, brake set up, changing brakes
- Knowledge of motor helpful
- Minor diagnostics skills; troubleshooting
- Electrical Systems
- Work to maintain a “team environment” at all times
- Testing/Race events
- Preparation of vehicles for program days (detailing-interior and exterior). This usually happens the day before a program is run. Cars need to be staged “dealership style“ specific to program days on the morning of event.
- Vehicles need to be placed in required positions throughout program days based on curriculum.
- Ensuring that engines have been properly warmed before track time during an event
- Daily checks (tire pressures, wheel lug torque, all fluid levels, QC)
- Tend to tire changing and brake servicing/pad changing needs during an event.
- Fueling of vehicles during short breaks/lunch breaks during program.
- Generally assisting instructors in all matters pertaining to the fleet.
- Drinks stations & pop-up tents positioning on track/paddock.
- Adheres to Emotive / Simraceway policies, procedures and practices
- Performs other duties as assigned/required
Qualifications / Requirements:
- At least two years mechanic experience
- Positive can-do attitude and innovative thinking
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Must be available to work 40+ hours and weekends when necessary
- Knowledge of race track and motor sports industry preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Maintain a team environment that promotes learning
- Strong written verbal communication interpersonal skills
- Multi-task and establish priorities
- Maintain organization in a changing environment
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility